Saturday, June 11, 2011

Homemade Hand Sanitizer

Homemade Hand Sanitizer

Do you have any idea how easy it is to make your own Hand Sanitizer??  
It's WAY easy!  

I can't wait to tell you how :)

Supplies:
 Aloe Vera Gel
Rubbing Alcohol
  Travel Bottles to put your Hand Sanitizer in

By the way, I got all these supplies at the Dollar Tree!


So all you do is mix equal parts Aloe and Alcohol to make the sanitizer.  

 That's It!  Seriously..so easy right?

Now you can get creative here too folks..and here's how..

Essential Oils...add your favorite scent to your Hand Sanitizer
Lemon, Orange, Tea Tree Oil...or Lavender are just a few suggestions


I made mine with Lavender because it's the only oil I had, 
but I would love to try Tea Tree Oil.

The bottle on the left I added Lavender Oil and Dried Lavender,
The Pump on the right just had the Lavender Oil in it.

Now the reason I like making it myself is..we go through A LOT of Sanitizer...
And you will never guess what we have....
Yup..we really have a wall mounted Hand Sanitizer thingy in our bathroom..
Don't judge me! LOL..it comes in handy when you have kids :)

Enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. Actually, I wasn't judging. I was thinking how much of a genius that idea is. I am so hitting up my husband for the dispenser in our bathroom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL..thanks! Seriously its the best ever! Guest's love it too :) You should get one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the dispenser and how much did it cost

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased the containers at my local Dollar Store..great price if you ask me :) However, i'm sure you could find similar style containers in the travel section (soaps, toothpaste, etc) of any supermarket. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does the aloe gel have to be 100% pure? I can't seem to find 100% anywhere? I found 99% and alcohol free witch hazel ...but OMG it cost way to much! Cheaper to buy the sanitizer already ready to go ..yah know?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does the aloe gel have to be 100% pure? I can't seem to find 100% anywhere? I found 99% and alcohol free witch hazel ...but OMG it cost way to much! Cheaper to buy the sanitizer already ready to go ..yah know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and I did read, when using essential oils to never put in plastic containers cause the oils pull out toxins in the plastic? Do u think the plastic is ok for just the aloe and alcohol mix?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and I did read, when using essential oils to never put in plastic containers cause the oils pull out toxins in the plastic? Do u think the plastic is ok for just the aloe and alcohol mix?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing .. I’ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find so many useful info here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing..for information regarding toilet seat sanitizer please visit to the link.
    Toilet Seat Sanitizer spray

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have tried making this, but it comes out sticky. Is there something I am doing wrong? TIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made some to n it was sticky icky that's y I need to know how much of the rubbing alcohol n aloe I need

      Delete
  12. How much of the rubbing alcohol n aloe do u have to use to make ur own hand sanitizer

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this..
    Hand sanitizer

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things. Memorial Day 2020

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.
    Toilet Seat Sanitizer Spray

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice Post, Thanks For Sharing
    BTW Hey, my name is Zahra Wilson and I am working as a marketing manager at PapaChina Company. It is one of the best China wholesale supplier. It deals in a wide range of personalized hand sanitizers at wholesale prices. If you want to buy these then visit our website and place your order.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.