Friday, July 15, 2011

Doily Bowl

Doily Bowl

Today I am going to show you how to make a Doily Bowl!  
Cool eh?  I think so :)

Here's what I did:


I bought a Doily at The Dollar Tree..yes I do shop other places too lol..
but when I see things at the Dollar Tree I can make neat stuff out of I just have to snag it!


Then I bought some Fabric Stiffner at my local Craft Store

 I put the Doily in a bowl and soaked it with the Stiffner, making sure every part of it was saturated.
I used as little as possible of the Stiffner, just enough to make sure it was all covered.


I covered the bowl that I wanted the Doily to take shape after with Press n' Seal..only because I didn't have Saran Wrap.
I put the wet Doily over the bowl and shaped it to the bowl

I let it dry over night and this is what I got.....


A bowl made out of a Doily...and this baby is stiff too, it'll keep its shape.  
You could also put ribbon through the holes, that would be pretty too.

It's so delicate looking yet you could throw your car keys in it, use it as a fruit bowl, or what ever your little heart desires :)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to Bacon Time. Following you with GFC.
    Let me know when you want to do that guest tutorial. FYI I have issues with yahoo so maybe drop me a note at BT before you email it. Thanks for joining us once again at BT, hope to see you each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really cute idea Nicole! Thanks for passing it along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! It would be great if you came and linked some of your ideas to Lovely Little Snippets!
    lovelylittlesnippets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I will check it out :) Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.