Saturday, July 23, 2011

Homemade Applesauce

Homemade Applesauce

Today I made my super yummy applesauce and I thought that I would share this will you!

You can get a copy of my recipe HERE

So here's what I did:


I started out with 12 beautiful apples.  I used 4 different types of apples, so 3 of each kind. 
The more diverse your apples the better your applesauce will taste :)


Then I cut, peeled, and sliced all the apples and tossed them in the Crockpot.
I added some Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice, a little bit of Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Water.

I let it cook on high for 4 hours stirring the apples one an hour.


This is what the apples look like after 4 hours of cooking...wish this computer had smell-a-vision (totally a word)..cause this smells heavenly!


This is what it looks like after I mash the apples with my potato masher.

This Applesauce is sooooo good that even my 11yr old son says he wont eat store bought ever again, he loves mine so much...ok maybe I paid him to say that...LOL..no really he did say that :)

I like to have a bowl of this while it's warm, but I have to say it gets its full flavor once its cooled in the fridge.

Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!! I make mine on the stovetop and then use a food mill to get out all the peels, seeds, and cores. But I must say...for me, the ONLY apples for applesauce are Gravensteins!! Nothin' like them. Only problem is that they have such a short season towards the end of August for just a few weeks. I agree with your son...no store bought applesauce, ever!!! Good Mama you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary! It's such a good feeling when you make something from scratch that's healthy and your children just love it. It makes me feel great!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.