Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Headband

Headband

Yo Yo Yo Ladies!
How's your day going? 
How's mine you ask..well not the best but I did get to make something today so that brightened up my day!

So I just needed to do something that I didn't have to think too much about and so this is what I made this morning :)


I've had these super skinny plastic headbands For..evvvv..errrrr (for all you Sandlot fans lol)
I never wear them..ever..yet I still kept them like any true hoarder crafter would do..

SO..I made up some Yo Yo Flowers ( Tutorial HERE )
With the same Polka Dotted Fabric I've been using forever
I think it's time for some new prints...Oooh a reason to go shopping...wait I don't need a reason do I?

But I digress..


I made one larger Yo Yo Flower and then two small ones to go on either side
Hot glued them to the skinny headband, threw my hair up in a messy bun like every other day and called it good.

I wear my hair up A LOT..so much so that a good friend of mine said to me yesterday as she walked up from behind me "Oh, I didn't recognize you with your hair down"..Yeah that's a problem LOL
Ugh, who has the time? Not me..or maybe I just don't really care? 
I mean, who wants to get hot glue stuck in their hair? Um..not me..it's all about safety folks :)


Close Upppppppp

The fabric has purple, blue and black polka dots so I did a button in each color on the black headband.

I'm thinking about buying some headbands and making some more of these to sell at my craft bazaars I do...they're fun to make and rather easy.
I'm thinking about hitting up the local Dollar Store and getting a 5 pack of different colors...and...I realize I am now rambling...

I'm ready for bed....LOL..if only my kids were! Can I get an Amen?!

Have a good night everyone!

3 comments:

  1. VERY cute!! Saw your post over at Bacon Time with mindie! I need to do this for my two girls!

    Come check out our blog if you get the chance! www.yellowmedaisy.com!

    Thanks!
    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Mollie! Thank you for stopping by :) I checked out your blog and it's wonderful! Love your guys name..so cute! I tried to follow you with Google Friend Connect but you it wasn't up there at the moment..I find that happens alot, even with my own blog..so I'll check back and refresh the page in a minute, but I would love for you to follow my blog via Google Friend Connect and check out all my fun projects!
    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to bed time! I have started sending the kids to bed by 8pm and it might just save me a grey hair. Don't know why they have never really had a cut off for bedtime.
    I love your headband, super cute. Headbands and two messy buns at the back of my neck have been my style of choice lately, since it takes oh 2 minutes to do.
    Thanks for linking up at Bacon Time, you know I love ya.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.