Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Duct Tape Coin Pouch


Hello Hello Hello!

Ok so here's the skinny...I'm totally sick..bleh!
The whole family is..well was...my youngest son is finally on the mend, but I however am not and I'm super pouty about it cause I'm never sick :(  Super sad face!

So I just had to make something today..I couldn't take it any more.  
I made this tiny Duct Tape coin pouch, which can be a super easy project for kids or beginners.

Here's how I did it..


I made a sheet of Duct Tape Fabric.
4 inches x 9 inches

The size doesn't really matter, you can make it however wide or long as you like. 


Here's the inside color...So I have Zebra Print on the outside, Red on the inside..Sexy!


Next I folded the bottom up to a spot that I liked.  I wanted to make sure there was enough above for the flap.


Then I taped the sides together. 
Guess what?...You're pretty much done!
You can see I added a little trim to the sides of the flap, not necessary though.


Now, we want our flap to stay closed on it's own.
You have two options here..
1. Add some sticky back Velcro
2. Add some magnets.
I went with the magnets this time around.


Bam! You're done!!

Easy Peasy right?!


If you want it to be more secure, I'd use the Velcro.

This can easily slip into your pocket, perfect for when you want to bring just your ID and a few bucks.

It's simple, inexpensive, and totally chic.

Easy enough for kids or beginners. 
If you used solid colors you could add some stickers to it for decoration.

Alright kids...I have to go blow my nose..TMI?  

Hopefully I'll be better soon so I can bring you guys some new fun stuff to make.

Until then..

Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

  1. I will take one, contents included of course! I love the outback and that coin purse is too cute. I am totally digging zebra right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it...The Outback sounds so good right now..I could use a good steak! I'm really into Zebra right now too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your duct tape stuff! Cute coin purse!

    Noreen
    http://craftyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea. I just did a post on duct tape rings, and we had so much fun with it. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is chic! There are times when we disregard using coin purses, but keep in mind that it will aid in organizing our money. For instance, you can store all your coins in one purse and just place it in a coin counter when you'll use it for shopping or in paying bills. You won't have to worry about the clutter, plus you'll be enjoying a very cute and sexy purse. :)

    BankMartDirect.com

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.