Wednesday, April 25, 2012

DIY Star Earrings


I'm baaaaaaack!
Thank goodness!  Being without a computer is the pits!!!

Today I'm going to show you how to make these easy peasy Star Earrings.
They are super duper inexpensive too...which is always a plus right ladies?!

I came up with this idea just out of the blue...one of those Ah-Ha moments.
I love how they turned out :)

All you need is:
Wire (I used 24 gauge because that's what I had on hand)
Tube like seed beads (I don't know the technical name for them)


Cut a piece of wire about 4.5 inches long


Pick out 10 of the tube beads
Mine are glass but plastic is fine too


Put a bead on and then bend one end leaving about 1-1.5 inches at the top


Add your second bead right up against the first, then bend to a triangle shape


Add another bead right up against the previous bead THEN bend
Keep repeating this process


When you make it back around to where you started, after all 10 beads are on, take the two ends of wire and twist them together
Don't worry if your star is losing it's shape a little, it's easy to bend it back into shape


Warning!  If you twist too much, you will put too much pressure on your beads and if they are glass they will break
You could also make it too tight to where it's hard to keep your star shape
So just enough twist to keep them together


Trim any excess wire and then with your needle nose pliers make a loop


Add your earring wires and you are finished!

This is so easy, and it only takes a minute to make.

You can use all one color of bead or mix it up with a variety of colors.
These beads are super cheap, and light weight.

Make earrings or use them as a necklace charm.

Have a great day
and 
Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.