Thursday, July 12, 2012

Salsa Chicken



I found this recipe on Pinterest HERE
If you follow me on Pinterest then you will see the recipe on my board

Why this recipe caught  my attention:
  • It just sounds fabulous
  • It's a Crock Pot Meal
  • Simple and Few Ingredients

BAM!  I'm love'n it

I thru it in the Crock Pot this morning and it turned out FABULOUS

Here is the Ingredients/Directions:

INGREDIENTS:

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (uncooked)
1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup (I used the cream of mushroom)
1 cup salsa
1 package taco seasoning (I used 1 Tbsp of Taco Seasoning)
1 cup sour cream
Shredded Cheese and/or Diced Green Onion/Chive (Optional)
I also added a pinch of Garlic Salt to my Chicken

DIRECTIONS:

Put chicken, soup, and salsa in slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything. Cook on low for 6 hours. If shredding the chicken, pull the breasts out and shred, return back to slow cooker, or just shred the chicken in the Crock Pot (that's what I did, one less dish to wash). Stir in sour cream and heat just until everything is combined.

SO EASY!
I then made some instant White Rice and put the Salsa Chicken over the top, so delish.

As a side dish I decided to make Mint Black Beans
This is such a simple tasty dish, great for summer nights.

Here's the instructions for the beans:

  • 2 15 ounce cans  black beans, rinsed
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 1/4 cup chopped mint
Rinse and drain Black Beans and add them to a Saucepan along with the Mint, and Lime Juice.
Heat until they simmer and your done.  
So quick!  And they are so refreshing!

For this meal, I split the Mint Bean Recipe in half, two cans of beans would be too much for my family.
 

I recommend this recipe, it was very good, very easy and inexpensive.

The beans would probably be great mixed in the Chicken and Rice but I'm not one to mix my food..Yes I'm weird like that :)

Those Green Onions came from my garden!
I just love adding fresh veggies from the garden into my meals.
The Mint was fresh from my Sisters garden...Thanks Sis!
 
Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments from my readers, thank you so much for taking the time to comment and making my day by doing so.